Something fishy is going down on the Nintendo eShop this October, literally. Bandai Namco Entertainment America announced plans to release the latest entry in the arcade fishing series Ace Angler on Nintendo Switch in the west, with Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits set for a digital launch on October 28.
Fishing Spirits pops players in an aquarium-themed amusement park called Marine Medal Mania, where they’ll be able to enjoy story, arcade, online multiplayer and party modes, among other features. There are over 250 different types of fish available to collect and store in your personal aquarium, and you can also play games to earn medals and spin for prizes.
Features and modes:
- Ace Angler +, The Fishing Medal Game – Experience ACE ANGLER’s arcade version at home with up to four players, all stages from the previous game, as well as newly added arcade stages and Nintendo Switch-exclusive stages.
- Story Mode: Legend of the Poisoned Seas – Players are challenged to travel across the globe and rescue the oceans from poison and garbage for future generations. By clearing time sensitives, players can advance the story, and learn fascinating facts about actual marine life.
- Online Ultimate Angler Competition – Engage in online fishing battles where up to four people can catch fish, collect stars for each victory earned, and aim to become the Ultimate Angler.
- Ace Angler Party – This mode features 12 marine-themed party games, along with other fishing competitions where players compete to catch the heaviest or most valuable fish.
- Medal Pusher Game: Shark Fever – The goal of this game is to catch a great white shark by knocking down five balls to trigger a Shark Battle to receive many Medals.
Source: Press release